Matagorda Dunes Vacation Rental Agreement
1. AGREEMENT: is between John & Kim Skadberg the Owners and renter(s) Reference to owner will mean John and Kim Skadberg and Renter will mean Renter(s) agree as follows: Above renter is an adult and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No lock box combination will be issued to anyone who is not a adult. FOR THIS AGREEMENT AN ADULT IS ANYONE 25 YEARS OR OLDER. If paying by credit card we can do an authorization for $200 on your credit card the week of the rental. It will expire shortly after your stay. You must have sufficient credit on your card to cover the $200 authorization. NOTE: we have only had to charge a few minor cleaning charges in 100's of rentals. We do contact renter prior to charging card or deducting from security deposit.
2. PETS: With prior approval only and a $25 one time cleaning fee is required. You MUST clean up after your pet. That includes properly disposing of all waste material. If any waste material is found on the property, a portion of your security deposit will not be refunded. You must also maintain control of your pet at all times, and NEVER leave a dog unattended. This means you must take your pet with you when you leave the condo.
3. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The security deposit is $200 for a vacation rental. The security deposit is due 10 DAYS before your check in. Your security deposit is fully refundable within 7 days of checkout provided that real and personal property are in the same condition as when occupancy commenced and all terms of this agreement are met. renter is liable for all replacements and repairs that are outside what is normal wear and tear
4a PAYMENT SCHEDULE IF YOUR ARRIVAL LESS THEN 30 DAYS FROM TODAY:
|$_______||Total Rent Quoted, Due within SEVEN days of booking OR RESERVATION IS NOT VALID|
|$200 Security deposit due 10 days prior to check in if paying by check or money order|
|$_______||Total Rent Quoted|
|$_______||50 % of Total Rent Due within SEVEN days of booking OR RESERVATION IS NOT VALID|
|$200 Security deposit due 10 days prior to check in if paying by check or money order|
|BALANCE IS DUE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL|
5. CANCELLATION: Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. We will refund the sums you have paid, less a $100 cancellation fee. If your notice of cancellation is RECEIVED LESS THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE, you will forfeit all sums paid, except your security deposit and pet fee, unless we are able to re-rent the property to someone else, at the same rate, for the same period. If the property is rented we will only charge the $100 cancellation fee.
6. CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00 PM. EARLY CHECK IN TIMES ARE ALLOWED ONLY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS CLEANED AND READY FOR OCCUPANCY AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 12:00 NOON.. THERE IS AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR LATE CHECK OUT AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS NEEDED. Please leave all keys, at the location. A $30 per hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time. A $20 per item fee will be charged for each lost key and $50 for lost remote contols or condo 2 lock remote
8. CLEANING: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned after your departure. The rental fee you have paid will provide for four hours of normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure, dishes are done and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $25 per hour.
9. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY. THERE IS NO MAID SERVICE.
10. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items including insect repellant. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels and other dispensable items to get you started on your first few days of your vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them.
11. RENTERS LIABILITY: renter agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by renter or renters guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, renter agrees to reimburse John & Kim Skadberg for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items either by deduction from security deposit, credt card charge or a check if damage is in excess of security charge
12. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES: renters and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A.) Occupancy exceeding 6 people over the age of three. B.) Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to,drug use, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age. C.) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D.) Any other acts which interferes with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property
13. HOLD HARMLESS: John & Kim Skadberg do not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, dish TV,VCR, appliances, electricity or plumbing. Nor will John & Kim Skadberg accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control.
14. CATASTROPHES: (hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, act of terrorism, etc.)
If a catastrophe occurs, the owner is not responsible for any of the following:
If, on the day that the rental is scheduled to begin, the property is uninhabitable, or the property is not reachable by the renter's usual means of transportation, or access to the property by visitors has been prohibited by authorities, then the owner will at the option of the renter either refund all money paid by the renter for the vacation rental, including any deposit and prepaid rent or hold all funds for a future rental. If renters are required by local authorities to evacuate the area, and actually do so before their stay in a vacation rental is completed, then the owner will refund or hold for future rental a pro-rated portion of the unused rent, plus any deposit.
15. POOL: renter hereby acknowledges that the property includes a pool and the undersigned is fully aware that the pool and surrounding patio/deck can be dangerous, that the deck/patio can be slippery when wet, and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. renters should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the property. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the pool and patio areas. NO GRILLS ALLOWED ON THE ISLAND OR ON WOOD DECKS.
16. SITE SECURITY: Jim (Bubba) and June are the condominium site managers and are responsible for security and the physical common property as well as the enforcement of the home owners association rules. Rules are posted on the front door of your rental unit. Bubba and June live in the condo on the island. Failure to follow rules and regulations may result in charge against your security deposit or credit card.
17. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
18. PAYMENT BY CHECK: If the renter pays by check rather than money order or credit card, and the check is returned for NSF there will be a $50 service charge. Lock box combination will not be issued until check clears bank. Checks should be made payable to John & Kim Skadberg.
19. FAX/MAILING ADDRESS: This signed agreement , a copy of your drivers license, and a check if applicable, should be mailed to:
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RENTING A PRIVATE HOME. PLEASE TREAT IT WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WOULD LIKE SHOWN TO YOUR OWN HOME.
renter SIGNATURE____________________________ DATE ________________
Please Initial and date each page.